Skip to content
Scroll To Top
- They don't educate their clients. Understanding Medicare and your options is key to making the best decisions for coverage. If you don't have a good understanding of Medicare you can't make the best decisions.Work with a broker who will educate you on the ins & outs of Medicare.
- They don't show the client all their options. You can't make educated decisions about Medicare without knowing all your options. You need to work with a broker you can trust who will show you all the options available so you can make an informed decision.
- They push their preferred insurance company. Many agents have their preferred companies that they like to do business with and push to sell those companies even if the product or price is not a good fit for the client. Certain companies may offer incentives if the agent sells enough business. They may be locked into hitting that incentive goal and not have your best interest at heart.
- They are captive agents and can't shop for the best rates. If an agent only sells for one or two companies, there is a good chance you aren't getting the best rates. It's best to work with a broker that can shop for the best plan and rates among all the carriers.
- They sell what puts the most money in their pocket. Sadly in the Medicare world this is what I see many agents doing. An agent may make $20/Mo if they sell a Medicare Supplement but they may make over $500 for selling a Medicare Advantage plan. Thus many agents push Medicare Advantage only.
- They change your plan even if it's not a god fit. Many agents will convince you to switch plans even if the plan you are on is a better fit. Work with a broker who is going to have your best interest at heart.
- They pressure you into products and services that you really don't need to buy. There are a lot of junk plans in the insurance industry. These are plans that a client is highly unlikely to use but put a big $$$ bump in the agents pocket. Good decisions are not made under pressure and you should not work with an agent who uses those tactics.